Discussions under Sprites and SpriteBatch

Welcome to the Cocos2D-XNA public forums and discussions. Please remember to be respectful of everyone on this forum and understanding of their varied skill levels. Don't respond to inquiries unless you can provide an answer or bona fide positive encouragement towards a resolution in a discussion.

Please feel free to post links to your games that use Cocos2D-XNA.

Any negative, hurtful, hateful, or otherwise disrespectful commentary will be deleted. We take respect in open communication very seriously on this discussion board. Repeat violators will be reported to the CodePlex staff.

Don't expect immediate answers. Everyone on this project is a volunteer and we will try to get an answer to you as fast as our free time permits.

Note! Do NOT spam the forums with your question. Only post your question in the relevant category. People who cross post their questions in every category show little respect for the developers and users who volunteer their time answering questions and supporting the framework. Respect us and we will respect you in kind.

Please help with Android images compression and performances

first post: lordnedox wrote: Hello, i'm once again asking for your help :) I have 2 problems,...

latest post: lordnedox wrote: Thanks for the detailed explanation. I will try to implement the co...

Simulating "Fog of War" on WP7, WP8

first post: lordnedox wrote: Hi, I would like to know if you have any idea how I could simulate...

latest post: totallyevil wrote: The dynamic lighting effect can be done with the XNA SpriteBatch (C...

Is there any Cocos functionality which allows you to draw a border around a node?

first post: Arkiliknam wrote: Just wondering if there is any Cocos functionality in the current x...

latest post: Arkiliknam wrote: Thanks for pointing me there. I will check it out soon. In the mean...

Possible memory leak in CCLabelBMFont + Monogame + WP8

first post: lordnedox wrote: Hi again, I found a weird behavior using cocos2d + monogame on Win...

latest post: lordnedox wrote: All right thanks again ;)

Raw assets vs. XNB

first post: ricke44654 wrote: Are there any particular guidelines for when to use raw assets (e.g...

latest post: ricke44654 wrote: Thanks for the post, that helped with understanding XNB a little be...

TMX file, load fail

first post: Celes wrote: Hello! Since some days, i tried unsuccessful to load and display ...

latest post: Celes wrote: I just what was "test project"... I had not noticed that folder sor...

how to create CCSprite from image url?

first post: luonglh90 wrote: Hi, I use HttpWebRequest to download image as stream. Then create c...

latest post: totallyevil wrote: I believe Error 259 may be an empty stream or else the thread exits...

Problem with @2x CCSprite versions

first post: doubleday wrote: Hi people I'm developing a game (initially) for ios and try to fig...

latest post: doubleday wrote: Well the way this works right now is that you have to set the Desig...

How to draw a rectangle progress bar like this without images/CCProgressTimer

first post: imkow wrote: How to draw a rectangle progress bar like this without images/CC...

latest post: singhsohal27 wrote: sir please help me please send proper code in rectabgle progress b...

periodically update contents created by CCRenderTexture and CCDrawNode

first post: imkow wrote: tried using CCSchedule to periodically invoke a method which contai...

latest post: totallyevil wrote: You could draw the dots into textures, and then use sprites to draw...