Android Blank screen

Topics: Android
Jan 28, 2015 at 1:55 AM
Hello,

My android game is going blank when coming back from showing and AD for devices lower than 4.2 and in some cases they do not show the graphics when they start just a black screen.

i do not have any idea why this is happening . would appreciate the help.

thanks
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2015 at 6:15 PM
The texture cache recovery is likely throwing an exception during the foreground activation lifecycle. Check the logs to see if you having some exceptions.
Jan 30, 2015 at 9:26 PM
i found a samsung 2.3 device which does not have this issue. right now i am seeing it on a lenovo 4.0 device and sony xperia sola.

from the log i do not see any exception,any suggestion on how to diagnose the problem further/or properly . Also is there some way to force the screen to restart rendering ?
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2015 at 11:47 PM
it's probably sound related. Are you playing background music when you resume?
Feb 1, 2015 at 7:29 AM
Not Playing audio at the time.
It is a game over scene i call PauseSchedulerAndActions show and interstitial Ad and call ResumeSchedulerAndActions After the Ad is closed
Feb 4, 2015 at 1:15 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2015 at 2:02 PM
Update: while watch the log out put noticed that the monogameAndroidGameView.SurfaceCreated
is not called after the Ads are closed on the xperia device.

this is the only difference between my samsung device that work properly

Edit: sorry i was too hasty the monogameAndroidGameView.SurfaceCreated is called

the only thing that looks out of place is GraphicManager.ResetClientBounds is called twice but i do not know if this can be the problem