Android Release build issue

Topics: Android, Performance
Oct 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM
i am using the lastest xamarin visual studio extension . when i make a release build of my project the CCNode update method behave totally erratic . however in debug mode everything is fine.

I have seen other xamarin post with this issue and was wondering is there is a work around/fix for
cocos2dxna

thanks in advance
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM
What problem are you having? Do you have any output logs?
Oct 25, 2014 at 3:55 PM
For example, even a break statement is ignored.

My build log does not show any errors or warning. So I do not think there is any useful information there.

Is there some other log that i should be looking at ?
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Release builds remove the CCLog output. Go into CCLog and use Console.WriteLine instead of the Debug.WriteLine calls. That should resume logging in Release mode.

This will also make your release mode game slower, so be mindful of this change and remember to revert it.
Nov 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Edited CCLog as suggested.

nothing stood out . after tinkering a little bit more fond out the issue was due to case sensitivity of the audio files being called
during the update method.

i do not know why but i did not have this issue in older versions of the app.

More strange is why does it make the scheduler act erratic ?
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Are you working from the source? The scheduler may crash in older versions of the framework if the update() call crashes. Newer MonoGame has had many changes to the file system support and so you may experience problems loading assets today where you did not in prior versions.

You may be experiencing memory corruption from OpenAL and that's why the Xamarin debugger is flakey during the debug session.