Black Screen using CCBI file for Scene (WP8)

Topics: Cocos Builder, Windows Phone 8
Dec 10, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Created a new Cocos2D-XNA application for Windows Phone 8 (using the template) and I'm having a tough time getting any further than a black screen when loading my content via a CocosBuilder file (CCBI).

I've added the CCBI file and all assets exported by CocosBuilder into the Content folder and marked them as such, and while I don't get any compile errors when running the solution I just get a black screen and some internal exceptions:
A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in mscorlib.ni.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in System.Windows.ni.dll

These exceptions do not crash the application, so I'm not sure if they are related to the black screen or not.

I've stepped through the Cocos2D-xna code and it seems to load all of the scene graph properly (using CreateSceneWithNodeGraphFromFile method).

Any ideas?

Thanks
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2013 at 6:32 AM
.UnauthorizedAccessException' : this is from the media player "play position" query that can occur at the start of the game.

FileNotFoundException : set a break point on the first chance exception of this type and see where it is happening.

Debug ->Exception -> choose this one in the dialog box and then debug the game.