What is a good commit to work from?

Topics: Source Repository
Apr 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Greetings,
I've been trying to determine whether or not Cocos2d-XNA would be a good fit for our next game and I have run into a problem. A number of the tests are crashing, specifically the particle test (first screen loads, click right arrow for next test then fails) and the CCBuilder test. I know at one point I had a codebase where these tests worked however I refreshed my local repo from the current master branch and now they are broken. I suspect that the breakage is due to the refactoring currently being done which is understandable, however I would really like to run these tests on some different devices so I can get a simple prototype put together. Is there a commit in the master repo that you could point me to where the tests are still functional?

Many Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Hello. The particle tests fail because of TGA file decoding. Some platforms have support for decoding TGA and some do not. If you ran the particle tests on a device with an NVidia Tegra chip on it, like an Acer Iconia A500, they would work. On some windows desktops they work, and some do not depending on the supported codecs.

Your particle system would need to use gif or jpg or png files embedded in the particle system data.

The github tests all work. We test them thoroughly each time we do commits. The only problem we have is compatibility with the cocosbuilder output. The refactoring has broken some of the selector reflected auto-hookup code, but the other bits work. The cocos builder extension test no longer renders properly though. That's the only problem we know of today.
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Also note that the tests should all work on the Mac. If you are using cocosbuilder, then you are on the Mac and you should see the particle tests work just fine from the current github master.
Apr 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM
My mistake, it looks like I misspoke when I said that I had recreated the particle test error in iOS and I'm only running into the problem on an Acer A100 and in Windows which it sounds like expected behavior. Thanks for the info regarding the TGA files though. I'll keep that in mind while testing on Android devices.

Cheers.